Yaroslavl state medical university, Russia
Yaroslavl State Medical University
(YSMU) was founded in 1944. And now it has more than half-a-century history. At present, YSMU is the big regional center of excellent quality medical education and biomedical research. It is also the leader in medical training and post-graduation education, retraining of specialists of practical healthcare, medicine, pharmacy, and high skilled academic staff for the central regions of Russia.
There are several faculties in YSMU, these are General Medicine Faculty, Pediatric Faculty, Pharmacy Faculty, Stomatology Faculty. In addition, there is the Institute of Post-Diploma Education of YSMU.
At present, about 3500 students are studying at YSMU (including foreign students). Medical training and education are conducted by 58 departments that have all the necessary equipment to provide high-quality education according to available Russian and international modern standards. At YSMU, there are prepared highly qualified specialists of all local hospitals and medical institutions and professionals from other regions of Russia. Today the staff of YSMU includes approximately 1310 employees. The academic staff of YSMU consists of more than 600 persons (instructors). Among them 340 persons have the M.D. & Ph.D. titles (candidates of sciences, assistant and associate professors) there are more than 110 doctors of sciences and full professors. Many of them are members of different Russian and foreign international societies and are well-known scientists and clinicians not only in Russia but all over the world.
Faculties in YSMU:
- General Medicine Faculty,
- Pediatric Faculty,
- Pharmacy Faculty,
- Stomatology Faculty,
- Faculty of Middle-Range Professional Education and Pre-Education Study
- Faculty of Post-Diploma Professional Education and Education Personnel of Highest Qualification,
- Faculty of Additional Professional Education.
Yaroslavl is a city and the administrative center of Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia, located 250 kilometers (160 mi) northeast of Moscow. The historic part of the city, a World Heritage Site, is located at the confluence of the Volga and the Kotorosl Rivers. It is one of the Golden Ring cities, a group of historic cities northeast of Moscow that has played an important role in Russian history.